Just hours after rumors that MGM Resorts had pressured Jesus Campos to appear on a ‘soft’ talkshow, rather than a hard-hitting news show, local Laws Vegas NBC affiliate News3LV reports that Mandalay Bay and its corporate owner MGM Resorts have been ordered to preserve evidence relate to the October 1st massacre.
As we previously noted, sources told DailyMail.com, MGM is worried that families of the 58 people murdered as well as many of the 546 injured in the Mandalay Bay massacre will launch lawsuits potentially worth billions of dollars against the company, and they thought Campos might not keep his story straight under the pressure of the TV lights and tough questioning.
That is why Campos, 25, appeared on a daytime chat show hosted by a fast-talking, dancing comedienne, rather than take questions from TV hardhitters such as Fox News’ Sean Hannity, NBC News or ABC News.
‘MGM was behind the decision to call off all the interviews and did a deal with Ellen, knowing she would not play hardball on the timeline as long as she had the exclusive,’ a TV insider told DailyMail.com.
But now, as News3LV.com reports, Mandalay Bay and its corporate owner MGM Resorts have been ordered not to destroy anything that could be considered evidence in a civil negligence trial over events related to the Route 91 music festival. The order was sought by attorneys who represent Rachel Sheppard, a California woman who survived the attack, despite being shot in the chest three times.
“The shooter was in that hotel for six days,” says attorney Brian Nettles.
The order, granted by Judge Mark Denton, restrains Mandalay Bay from destroying anything of evidentiary value until another hearing set for Oct. 30 at 9 a.m.
That’s when MGM will have a chance to argue against the ruling, before a possible ruling to would make the order permanent.
“There’s evidence that’s coming out about surveillance cameras that he may have set up himself, evidence about ways that he may have altered his room or that hallway,” he says.
The lawsuit alleges that negligence on the part of Mandalay Bay, and MGM Resorts, contributed to the shooting massacre that claimed 58 lives and injured more than 500 people.
Perhaps now – in discovery – we may actually get to the bottom of the ‘real’ timeline…
The post Mandalay Bay, MGM Resorts Ordered To Preserve Evidence In Vegas Massacre appeared first on crude-oil.news.
The post Mandalay Bay, MGM Resorts Ordered To Preserve Evidence In Vegas Massacre appeared first on Forex news forex trade.
The post Mandalay Bay, MGM Resorts Ordered To Preserve Evidence In Vegas Massacre appeared first on forex-enligne-fr.com.
Read More »